Guys, when I say this is one of the easiest meals I have ever cooked, I seriously mean it. I have mentioned this before, I am ALL about the convenience of cooking as I just don’t have the time to spend hours in the kitchen, as much as I would love that.
The other day I bought two cauliflowers on special at Food Lovers Market – they are full of amazing deals and cauliflower is my favourite vegetable so I bought two massive heads of cauliflower. I made an incredible salad our of my new ‘Deliciously Ella’ book and then I was left with one massive cauliflower and no idea what to do with it.
I had cherry tomatoes in the fridge and I am quite serious about not wasting ingredients that I already have so I decided to see what I could come up with. I loved the result and will most definitely be making it again! I hope you enjoy.
- 1 head cauliflower cut into small florets.
- One 400g punnet of cherry / rosa tomatoes chopped.
- I use ready chopped garlic so I used about 6 teaspoons. Sounds like a lot but it was perfect.
- Olive oil
- 1.5 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon curry powder, I used the mild one. Lot’s of flavour but not hot.
- The juice of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 cup hot water
- Coriander or parsley for garnishing.
- Put the cauliflower florets, tomatoes and garlic and lemon juice in a pot and drizzle with olive oil.
- Season with all the spices and salt making sure your toss it so that spices and olive oil are evenly distributed.
- Mix tomato paste with 1/2 cup of hot water and pour it in the pot.
- Cook it covered over medium low heat until cauliflower is tender.
- Preheat oven to 190’C.
- Transfer everything into a casserole dish and bake it for half an hour.
- Garnish with coriander or parsley and serve over rice.
I hope you enjoy it. Please let me know what you think if you do make it. x