I am LOVING sharing these recipes with you all. I absolutely adore cooking as it is and since becoming vegan I have had an absolute ball experimenting in the kitchen and trying new recipes. I went to visit my Grandparents the other day and my Grandma had a lovely book called ‘Heavenly & Healthy foods‘. I stole a few recipes from it and I am sharing one with you today.
This is the epitome of a balanced meal. There is SO much goodness in this meal and it is so incredibly tasty. The kids loved it and it made the most massive pot I have half of it frozen in the deep freeze for a lazy day.
This meal is a quick one. The only time you have to out in is in the cutting of the veggies. Otherwise you chick it all in, leaving it to cook and you’ve got yourself a nutritious, delicious pot of vegan goodness.
60ml Olive oil
1 Onion, finely chopped
10ml Garlic, crushed
5ml Curry paste
30ml Ground cumin
30ml Ground coriander
45ml Brown Sugar
45ml Chopped fresh coriander or parsley
1 tin Chick peas, drained and rinsed well
250ml vegetable stock
250g Baby potatoes, halved (I used regular potatoes and quartered them)
200g Mushrooms, halved
250g Baby carrots
2 Red peppers, cubed
200g Baby marrows cut length ways into strips
200g Butternut, cubed
Salt and Pepper to taste
Recipe from: Heavenly and healthy foods book.
1. In a LARGE saucepan, saute the onion, garlic and spices.
2. Add sugar and herbs, then tomato, chick peas, vegetable stock and the chopped veggies.
3. Allow to simmer for 20-30 minutes until veggies are just tender.
4. Season to taste and serve with rice, cous cous or quinoa. We had rice.
HOW TO WIN A R500 VOUCHER FOR FOOD LOVERS MARKET:
2. Leave a comment on the post below with the hashtag #foodloversfestive telling us which Food Lover‘s Market product you like the best.
2. Share the giveaway on social media using the following hashtag: #foodloversfestive.
Feel free to copy and paste the following: WIN another R500 Food Lovers Market voucher with @nikki_viola & @FLM_SA. Enter here: http://bit.ly/2hDAjGE
5. Winners will be notified via email.
Enjoy and pleas let me know what you think if you decide to try this yummy meal with #FoodLoversFestive. x